- 1. Flatbed Trailer Introduction
- 2. Flatbed Trailer Types
- 3. Flatbed Trailer Main Parts
- 4. Flatbed Trailer Dimensions
- 5. 2 Axle / 3 Axle Flatbed Trailer Specifications
- 6. Flatbed Trailer Drawing
- 7. Advantages Of Fudeng Custom Flatbed Trailer
- - 7.1 Wide Range of Uses
- - 7.2 High Work Efficiency
- 8. What Is The Best Flatbed Trailer?
- - 8.1 Evaluating Manufacturer Strength:
- - 8.2 Choosing the Right Product
- 9. Daily Inspection Of Flat Deck Semi Trailer
- - 9.1 Inspection of Brake System
- - 9.2 Drive System Inspection
- - 9.3 Kingpin Check
- - 9.4 Electrical System Inspection
- 10. Flatbed Trailer Packaging & Transportation
1. Flatbed Trailer Introduction
A flatbed trailer, also called a flat deck trailer, is a vehicle designed for transporting containers and bulk cargo over long distances. They are commonly used in ports, highways, transfer stations and other places.
Flatbed Trailer for Sale
Flat Deck Trailer for Sale
2. Flatbed Trailer Types
There are 3 common types of flatbed semi trailer: Container flatbed semi-trailer, flat bed trailer with front board, flatbed trailer with uprights.
- Container flatbed semi trailer: The basic model of the flatbed semi-trailer. It consists of a trailer chassis and a 2.5-3 mm thick patterned floor.
- Flat bed trailer with front board: When using a flat bed trailer to transport long strips of goods such as steel bars and steel pipes. If you brake suddenly, the cargo will suddenly rush to the front, and it may even break through the cab. Therefore, you can choose to install the front baffle for the flatbed trailer to avoid danger.
- Flatbed trailer with uprights: When transporting long, columnar goods such as logs and steel bars. To prevent slipping from the sides, the flatbed trailer can optionally be fitted with uprights.
Container Flatbed Semi Trailer
Flat Bed Trailer with Front Board
Flatbed Trailer with Uprights
These structures are all detachable. Selecting the corresponding accessories in the required scene can improve safety and work efficiency. If you have other needs for flatbed trailer, just let us know. Our designers and engineers will try their best to meet the design needs of customers.
3. Flatbed Trailer Main Parts
The main components of the flatbed trailer include: Cargo Platform, Frame, Axle, Suspension System, Landing Gear, Kingpin, Braking System, Atchet Strap, Twistlock, etc.
Cargo Platform: The cargo platform is a structure used to carry goods, made of 2.5-3mm thick carbon steel. The platform is printed with a non-slip pattern for increased friction.
Frame: A load-bearing frame made of high-strength steel. The frame of a high-quality flat deck trailer should have good anti-deformation and anti-vibration performance. The longitudinal beam of FUDENG flat deck trailer is a flat plate, which is welded by automatic submerged arc welding. The girders and stringers are welded together by longitudinal welding.
Axle: The main function of the axle is to install tires and support weight. We sell 2 axle flatbed trailer, 3 axle flatbed trailer or multi-axle flatbed trailer. The semi-trailers produced by FUDENG all use JOST, Fuwa, BPW and other famous brand axles.
Flatbed Trailer Frame
Tri Axle Flatbed Trailer
Suspension System: There are two types of suspension for flat bed trailers: mechanical suspension and air suspension. It plays the role of shock absorption, adjusting the height of the semi-trailer, connecting the axle, and improving driving stability.
Landing Gear: The purpose of the landing gear is to provide additional support for the semi-trailer that is not connected to the tractor. There are two types of linkage and single action. The landing gear used by FUDENG is JOST brand.
Kingpin: The flatbed trailer is connected to the tractor fifth wheel through Kingpin, which is the main part of the semi-trailer. Kingpin is installed on the bottom of the front end of the semi-trailer. The standard size is 50mm and 90mm, and 50# and 90# are commonly used to indicate its size model.
JOST Landing Gear
Braking System: The braking system of the semi-trailer is used to decelerate and stop, and has multiple components. When the driver depresses the brakes, the brakes generate braking force. At the same time, safety devices such as brake lights and alarms can remind the driver of the status of the braking system. Avoid accidents caused by brake system failure.
Flatbed Winches: An flatbed winches is a device used to tautly bind cargo ropes. When using the flatbed semi trailer to transport bulk and bagged goods, they need to be fixed on the cargo platform with ropes. At the same time, tie the rope to the flatbed winches, and manually rotate the flatbed winches to tighten the rope. Make sure that the goods will not slip and fall during transportation.
Twistlock: Twistlock is the fixing device used when flatbed trailer transports containers. When in use, after aligning the container with the twistlock, turn the twistlock clockwise to fix the container on the flatbed semi trailer.
Dual Air Brake Chamber
- 40FT Container Chassis Trailer
- 3 Axle 40 FT Flatbed Trailer
- 60Tons Flatbed Trailer For Sale
- 40FT Container Trailer For Sale
4. Flatbed Trailer Dimensions
The size of the flatbed semi trailer can be customized, but more often its size is the same as the size of the shipping container. The following are the dimensions of a flat bed trailer used to transport a standard container:
- 20ft flatbed trailer size: 11500x2500x1500mm
- 40ft flatbed trailer size: 12500x2500x1500mm
- 45ft flatbed trailer size: 13700x2500x1500mm
- 53ft flatbed trailer size: 16000x2500x1500mm
4 Axle Flatbed Trailer for Sale
5. 2 Axle / 3 Axle Flatbed Trailer Specifications
It is important to choose the appropriate flat deck trailer size when transporting different cargo. Refer to the 2 axle flatbed trailer and 3 axle flatbed trailer specification table below to choose the most suitable flat deck semi trailer:
2 Axle Flatbed Trailer Specifications
|20ft 2 Axle Flatbed Trailer Specifications|
|Trailer Type||2-Axle Flatbed Trailer|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||6,058mm x 2,438mm x 1,524mm|
|King Pin||50mm or 90mm Interchangeable|
|Main Beam||High Tensile Steel Q345B|
|Floor||3mm Checkered Plate|
|Side Beam||16# Channel Steel|
|Cross Beam||80x40 Square Tube|
|Suspension||Mechanical Suspension with Leaf Spring 8pcs|
|Axle||2x13T FUWA/BPW Brand|
|Tire||11.00R20 or 12.00R20 Double Coin/ Triangle Brand|
|Rim||8.0-20 or 8.5-20 Chinese Brand|
|Brake System||Dual Line Brake System with ABS|
|Tool Box||1 Standard|
|Spare Tire Carrier||2 Standard|
|Light||LED light (specially designed for trailers)|
|Electrical System||24V, 7 Pin Socket, One Set 6-core Standard Cable|
20 Ft Flatbed Trailer for Sale
2 Axle Flatbed Trailer for Sale
3 Axle Flatbed Trailer Specifications
|Product name:||3 Axle Flatbed Trailer|
|Overall Dimension:||12500mm x 2500mm x 1550mm|
|Loading Capacity:||40 -60Tons|
|Tare Weight:||6-8 Tons (5,443-7,257 kg)|
|Suspension System:||Mechanical or Air Suspension|
|Landing Gear:||JOST or Fuwa brand, 28 Tons Capacity, with Sand Shoe and Handle|
|Tire Brand:||Double Coin, Triangle, Linglong, or Equivalent Brand|
|Tire size:||11.00R20, 12.00R20, or 385/65R22.5|
|RIM SIZE:||8.25-22.5, 9.00-22.5, or Equivalent Size|
|Brake System:||Wabco, Knorr, or Equivalent Brand, with Abs System|
|Electrical System:||24V, LED LIGHTS|
|Tool Box:||1 Standard Tool Box|
|Spare tire carrier:||2 units|
|Side Guard:||STEEL or Aluminum Material, Removable Type|
|Floor:||3mm Cheered Plate or Flat Plate|
|Main Beam:||Height 500mm, Upper Plate is 14mm, Middle Plate is 8mm, double is 16mm, Made of Q345B STEEL|
|Cross Beam:||80mm40mm4mm Square Tube or Round Steel|
|Side Beam:||25# Channel Steel or Square Tube|
|King Pin:||JOST or equivalent brand|
|Painting:||Sandblasting Before Painting, One Coat of Primer, Two Coats of Topcoat, Color According to Customer's Requirement|
|Other Accessories:||Mudguard, Reflector, Fire Extinguisher, ETC.|
40 Foot Flatbed Semi Trailer for Sale
3 Axle Flatbed Trailers for Sale
6. Flatbed Trailer Drawing
After the customer places an order, our designers will draw drawings according to the customer's needs, and produce them after confirmation.
20 Foot Flatbed Trailer Drawing
40 Foot Flatbed Trailer Drawing
7. Advantages of Fudeng Custom Flatbed Trailer
As the type of semi-trailer with the highest utilization rate, flat bed trailer transportation has many advantages:
7.1 Wide Range of Uses
20 - 40 feet flatbed trailer is used to transport bulk cargo such as containers, building materials, engineering machinery, steel, wood, chemical products, coal, etc.
- Port terminals: Provide efficient container transportation services for ports and terminals.
- Construction Site: used to transport construction materials, such as bagged concrete, bricks, large stones, etc.
- Machinery and Equipment Transportation: transportation of various construction machinery, automobiles, and other equipment.
- Steel Transportation: transportation of various types of steel such as steel plates, steel pipes, and steel bars.
- Timber Transportation: transportation of logs, stakes, and strips. Not only the loading and unloading speed is fast, but also the loading capacity is large.
Flat Deck Trailer for Sale
Flat Bed Trailers for Sale
7.2 High Work Efficiency
- High Loading and Unloading Efficiency: There are no baffles around the flat bed semi trailer, so it can be loaded and unloaded from any position when loading and unloading. Greatly improved work efficiency.
- High Transportation Efficiency: Due to the structural design of the flat bed semi trailer, it can accommodate goods of various shapes and sizes. This makes it more advantageous when transporting large quantities of goods, reducing the number of loading and unloading that needs to be done , and making transport more efficient.
In addition, when using a flatbed trailer to transport bulk goods, it is possible to use containers for shipment. In this way, after the goods are delivered to the destination, the entire container can be unloaded directly. Realize fast loading and unloading and improve efficiency.
- Easy Maintenance: The flatbed trailer has the simplest design. Fewer components are used, which reduces the probability of component damage. Also, we always use high quality steel for flatbed trailers for sale. The maintenance cycle is longer and less prone to damage, saving time and money indirectly improves work efficiency.
40 Ft Flatbed Trailer for Sale
8. What Is the Best Flatbed Trailer?
Judging what is the best flatbed trailer should be considered from two aspects: the strength of the manufacturer and the product.
8.1 Evaluating Manufacturer Strength:
- Looking at Whether It Is a Direct Sales Factory: Buying flatbed trailer directly at the factory can save a lot of cost. FUDENG is a semi-trailer factory, and the flatbed semi trailers we produce will be sold directly to customers, without middlemen to make the difference.
- Length of Time the Company Has Been Established: The length of time the company has been established directly reflects the strength of the company. Companies without strength will be quickly eliminated by the market.
Since its establishment 20 years ago, FUDENG Automobile has been continuously developing new products, and has more than 100 research and development patents, with strong strength.
- Number of Customers: A company with a large number of customers and repeat customers indicates that the company has a good reputation in the industry. An enterprise that can gain the trust of customers must be a conscientious enterprise.
- Level of Expertise: Employees of a high-quality company must undergo professional training before taking up their jobs. The professionalism of a company can be seen when communicating with business personnel.
- Quality Control: Look for manufacturers with strict quality control processes and testing procedures. The flatbed semi trailer produced by FUDENG will go through strict testing after the production is completed, and only after passing the test can it be shipped to customers.
- After-sales Service: Before purchasing a flatbed semi trailer, confirm whether the manufacturer can provide comprehensive after-sales service and support, including shelf life, spare parts supply and technical support.
- Price: Consider price, but don't make it the only factor. Be sure to get quality products from reliable manufacturers at reasonable prices.
- Delivery Time: Choose a manufacturer that can deliver trailers on time or within a reasonable time frame. Strong semi-trailer manufacturers can always deliver on time.
FUDENG Trailer Factory
Huge Customer Base
8.2 Choosing the Right Product
- Based on Transportation Needs: Choose a 20-40 feet/40-80 tons steel flatbed trailer according to the type and tonnage of the cargo you need to transport.
- Local Laws and Regulations: Select the appropriate flatbed trailer according to the restrictions of the country where you are located. You don't need to worry about this if you are buying a flat deck semi trailer from a strong company. We can customize products according to the laws and regulations of your country.
- Driving Environment: If the road conditions in your area are poor, there are options to use other stronger steels, reinforced suspension and axles, more durable 13.00R 22.5 tires, etc.
Custom Flatbed Trailer
9. Daily Inspection of Flat Deck Semi Trailer
Regular inspections will extend the life of your flat deck semi trailer. And during the inspection, the potential safety hazards of the flatbed trailer can be discovered and eliminated in time. Note: The flatbed trailer inspection needs to be carried out under no load. The following are a few daily inspection items for the flatbed trailer:
9.1 Inspection of Brake System
- Appearance Inspection: A flatbed semi-trailer using drum brakes and disc brakes. Check brake drums and brake pads. Whether there is any foreign matter in the brake drum, and the wear of the brake pads. At the same time, check whether there is any leakage in the brake fluid pipeline, joints and other parts.
- Gas Tank Inspection: first check whether the pressure of the gas tank is normal. Then check whether the brake air circuit is unblocked by manipulating the brake valve. Whether the compressor, dryer, oil-water separator and other components are operating normally.
- Braking Performance Inspection: The braking performance inspection needs to be carried out on an open field. Perform a braking force test in accordance with standard operating methods first to ensure that braking performance meets requirements. Then check whether the rebound of the brake pedal and the pedaling force are normal.
Air Brake Tank
Braking Performance Test
9.2 Drive System Inspection:
- Axle Inspection: Check whether the axle has obvious cracks, deformation or wear, and whether the bolts and nuts are loose.
- Tire Inspection: Check whether the tire pattern is severely worn, whether there are cracks or bulges on the surface. Whether the air pressure meets the requirements and whether there is any air leakage. Are the tires positioned correctly and do they need to be adjusted?
Flatbed Trailer Axle
Flatbed Trailer Tire Inspection
9.3 Kingpin Check:
- Check the Kingpin for wear. The diameter of 50#Kingpin should not be less than 49mm; the diameter of 90#Kingpin should not be less than 86mm.
- Check the Kingpin's welds/bolts are tight and need to be reinforced or tightened.
- Check the lubrication of the Kingpin, whether it is necessary to add lubricating oil or grease.
Flatbed Trailer 90# Kingpin
9.4 Electrical System Inspection:
- Check that the flatbed trailer's front and rear lights, brake lights and signal lights are working properly. If any lights are off or flickering, the bulbs need to be replaced or the circuit repaired.
- Check whether the seven-hole socket and wiring of the flatbed semi trailer are open or loose. If any wiring is damaged, it needs to be repaired in time.
Flat Bed Semi Trailer Signal Light
ISO 7638 Socket
10. Flatbed Trailer Packaging & Transportation
After the customer purchases the flatbed semi trailer, we will transport it for the customer in the same way as the skeleton trailer:
- Bulk Cargo Transportation
- Ro-Ro Shipping
- Container Shipping
We have introduced the shipping method of semi-trailer in detail in the article "Skeleton Trailer For Sale".